Friday, December 28, 2012

Finger Paint Kit

Along with our own homemade Christmas, we hand made gifts for our friends too. This is a finger painting kit complete with t-shirt aprons, homemade finger paint, and a container to hold it all. 

Obviously, I used some old baby food jars to hold the finger paint. I found this recipe on Pinterest. My hubby likes to decorate cakes so we have Wilson food dyes that I used instead of the liquid kind you find at the grocery store. There seems to be more color choices with the Wilson dyes. I think I cooked mine a little too long (which if you know me or have read any of my previous cooking posts, you know that this is not surprising at all). There were a few chunks that were hard to get rid of, so make sure you stay by the finger paint the entire time you are cooking it. And stir it frequently. 

I wanted to add aprons for the kids. I found this site with an easy t-shirt apron tutorial. It was really easy. I made 3 aprons in about 20-30 minutes.

I used an old oat box. I had my own kids finger paint some cut-to-size paper. Once dried, I glued it to the oat container. Then I used my Sizzix to cut out letters for the top. Inside were 5 jars of finger paint: purple, yellow, blue, green, and red, 3 kid friendly aprons, and a stack of plain white scrapbook paper.  

This was a fun project and I hope the kids who received it enjoyed it as much as my kids enjoyed helping to make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment