Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Back-to-School Breakfast & Teacher Gift

I really enjoy giving teachers gifts. They don't have to be big or extra spendy, just something that helps the teacher feel appreciated and hopefully know that I am fully supportive of a home/school relationship.

Last year this is what I did. This year while in Vegas my mom and I found some really cute plates that were on a great sale.  I made cookies, attached a little note, and sent them to school with the kiddos on the first day. They got great reviews, yay!


Another tradition I started last year in the hopes of adding lasting memories for my children was a back to school breakfast. The night before, I decorate the table with cute things I have around the house as well as a sign I made about what the kids want to be when they grow up. In the morning I make them a special breakfast of things they really like. This year it was muffins. 





I also want a first day photo by the door and with them holding the sign about what they want to be when they grow up so they can see the change each year. I also like one of them in their room, preferably at their desk, but not necessarily if it interrupts with what the teacher has going on.


First day of kindergarten! 




1st day of 1st grade!

My little boy is off to school this year for his first day of preschool. It started a few days after the rest of school started so he got his own breakfast.


I have to tell this story, the night before school started as I was tucking my little man in for bed, I asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up. He looked at me thoughtfully and said, "I want to be a mommy like you." I smiled and said, "Awe hunny, you are a boy so you can be a daddy, but not a mommy." He looked at me about to argue-he even got a little "but" out-and then said, "I guess I want to work with fire then." "You mean you want to be a fireman?" "Yep, a fireman." I can't believe how his sweet, wonderful, full of life, little brain works. I also can't believe that he is in preschool already!   




Another school year started. It's going to be great!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment