Sunday, January 27, 2013

Quiet Book-Front Cover

Believe it or not, I am actually getting requests for me to post this. Yay, my first request. ...Thanks Mom! =) Ha!

So this begins a series of upcoming posts about a quiet book I made for my son. I wanted to limit the amount of things I was taking to church for my kids, and this one one way for me to do so. Before I began, I scoured pinterest for ideas. Between using some ideas I saw and some I came up with, I created a book that I am pretty proud of.

The first page is what I made for the cover. I didn't want to put his name on it because as he gets older I might give this to someone who could use it more than my kids, or I might save it and give it to his kids. 

I saw what I am going to call overall clips-because I cannot think of what they are really called-on sale. I knew they would be perfect for a little boy and hoped I could incorporate them into his book. I also knew that I wanted to use some old jeans that I have been saving. I created a pocket using the top half of the back pocket of the worn jeans and used some leg denim for the rest of the bibs. The kids love putting various items in the pocket for the next week to find. (I only let them play with this at church. It keeps the excitement-at least for now.)

I created each page on its own felt sheet before sewing each one together. I also figured out how to use my sewing machine to make button holes. It was exciting!


Stay tuned for more to come. My goal is one each morning. I know it is ambitious, but I've got a plan. Let's see if I stick to it!

Oh, and I am taking requests now... HaHa!








No comments:

Post a Comment