Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Felt Bread

I made several pieces of felt food for my kids for Christmas. This is the bread I made. I used a blanket stitch because I like the look. You could easily sew these with a machine for a more clean look. I wanted something simple and rather quick with little fuss. 

                                     
The first thing you need to do is cut out your felt pieces in the size and shape you would like. You can use a template if you wanted to. I am not quite that professional to use a template. I just eyeball it. 


Next blanket stitch the flat part with the sides of the bread. 

Fill with whatever you wish. I actually used an old mattress pad. Then I stuffed left over felt scraps in the part of the bread that sticks out a bit at the top. 

Finally, blanket stitch the other side of the bread to the stuffed piece. 

Wallah, finished. 







No comments:

Post a Comment