Monday, February 17, 2014

Kitchen Redo- Edging Choices

While my husband was working on the doors, I was busy staining the drawers. After I finished sanding the top of the drawer, I began sanding the edging of it. That is when I found out that the edging was pressed wood which is basically, from my understanding, little pieces of wood pressed together to make a bigger piece of wood. This type of wood does not take stain well at all. So we had to figure out what to do with it. 

A black edge was my husbands choice.

This was with three coats of stain.

And this was with some really old stain that was here when we moved in on top of several coats of the previous stain. 

We ultimately went with the really old stain.

To see the before and after pictures click here.
To see the sanding process click here.
To see the painting and staining process click here
To see the mess we created click here.
To see the cabinet doors click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment