Monday, March 25, 2013

Healthy Weekly Meal Plan

Over the past few weeks I decided to stop doing the 2nd month of the Insanity workouts. Before you start loosing faith in me let me explain. It really is a simple explanation, I simply do not have time to do the hour long workouts right now. I know you are thinking they are only an hour, that is not too long. But, after each exercise session I am dripping in sweat so I have to take a shower and the likes. Now we are at 1 1/2 hours. In addition, I have all the housework to get done after I get home from school. Plus supper. I thought I had a super idea, duh: just workout in the morning. So I wake up early and exercise before everyone gets up. That would be genius, except that the 1 1/2 hours does not include the time it takes to do my never cooperative hair, makeup, and getting ready for work. Include that time and we are at 2 1/2 hours, plus breakfast, and getting 3 kids dressed, fed, teeth brushed, and lost shoes (boots, snow pants, hat, glove, folder, scarf, you name, we lost it) found. Total time for morning exercise: 3 1/2 - 4 hours. That would equal out to me getting up at 3:30- 4 am every morning. However, (I bet you thought my rambling about this whole time situation was over, almost, but not yet.) sometimes I sub, sometimes I don't. Sometimes I work the afternoons as an extra aide, sometimes I don't. Sometimes I have two kids at home during the day, sometimes only one. Sometimes we have to go to town, sometimes we don't. See what I'm saying. My life is so unpredictable at the moment that I simply don't have the time for such intense hour long workout sessions. No fears though, I still love the program and am hoping to pick it up after school is out and I have more leisure time.

In the meantime, I still want to eat really well and do simpler workouts. I have a few other DVDs that I like to follow along to and there are so many online that really, if I have the motivation, I will continue to tone my body--my original goal in the first place.

I put together a weekly meal plan using a few healthy recipes that I found online and the meal plan book that came with the Insanity workout which you can find here. I usually cook a main meal for my family and a separate one for me. I thought this would be a pain, but really the meals are so simple that I don't find it too irritating making two different meals.


Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
1
Proatmeal
pg 16
Bagel & Grapefruit
pg 18
Egg White & Fruit Plate
pg 18
Cereal Bowl
pg 20
Egg White Breakfast Wrap
pg 19
Egg Sandwich
pg 25
Warm Cereal Bowl
pg 20
2
Peanut Butter Protein Shake
-Banana
-Peanut Butter
-Protein Powder
Vanilla Banana Smoothie
-Protein Powder
-1/2 banana
-Almond Milk
-1 c berries
½ Peanut Butter and Banana OR Jam Sandwich
Rice Cake
Berry Protein Smoothie
-1 ½ scoops protein powder
-1/2 c berries
1 c Almond milk

Yogurt & Fruit
-1 tsp honey
-2 tbsp walnuts
-1 apple, diced
Cottage Cheese
1 cup
3
Deli Sandwich
pg 28
Chicken Ranch Wrap
pg 36
Roast Beef Sandwich
pg 34
Pasta & Veggies
pg 37
Turkey/Apple Pita
-1/2 c Spinach
-1 oz Turkey
-¼ sliced apple
Mexican Style Eggs
pg 25
Protein Omelet
pg 26
4


Pizza Muffin
pg 43




5
Chicken Stir Fry
pg 54
Grilled Chicken Salad
pg 33

Citrus Baked Chicken
pg 52
Baja Style Chicken Bowl
-Saute Red Pepper, ½ c frozen corn, ¼ c black beans, 2 oz cooked diced chicken
-Spoon over brown rice
Steak with Broccoli
pg 50
Lean Burger


The page numbers refer to the meal plan book that is linked above, but also here for your convenience. This is custom for my schedule. For example, I never know if I am going to sub so my second meals are easy to make in the morning and take with me to school. On those days, I eat a simple meal at school and eat my 3rd meal for my 4th meal. I have most of the 4th meal spots empty for this reason. If I am at home, I simply repeat one of my 2nd meals. I don't have a 5th meal on Wednesdays because I am usually busy elsewhere. I also did not use all the meal ideas from the book because I don't eat seafood, or I simply don't like it. The point is that you can make this customizable for you, your likes, and your time.

Sometime soon I hope to have a weekly exercise plan to post. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment