Sunday, February 24, 2013

Exercise Motivation

For a little over a month I have been working my way through the Insanity fitness program. It is a two month program. I made it through the first month and the recovery week as well as the first week of the second month. I also made it over half way into the second week of the second month and then I got sick. I barely had enough energy to get out of bed let alone enough energy to exercise, and this program requires A LOT of energy.

Before I started the second month I was pumped. I was excited. I was seeing results from before and half way done pictures I took. But then I started the first week of the second month and I was questioning everything. It was so difficult. I thought that I missed a month of training because I went from "I can do this" to "What! Where did this tough stuff come from?" I was laying on the floor for most of the exercises glaring at those people on my screen and thinking that they were all crazy. There was no way that the first month was enough training to get me ready for the second month. After I forced myself, very reluctantly I might add, to finish the first week and called/texted up a few friends who helped talk me into staying with the program, I was feeling better about the second week. But then I got sick. I am hoping to get back into it tomorrow morning, but I really just don't want to.

I decided that what I needed was some motivation. I wanted to make a motivation board. Something that I see everyday that gets me pumped to reach my fitness goals. I tried something like this a long time ago before Insanity ever crossed my mind. I put a picture with a good quote in my pantry. Every time I went to reach for something unhealthy, I would see this picture and close the door. If it worked then, why not now?

To start off, I turned to Pinterest for motivational quotes and pictures. Pinterest wasn't shy on any fitness tips and ideas for exercises, but I wanted more. With the right search, I was able to find wonderful pictures and quotes that really got me motivated to keep going or start all over in my case as I'm sure I will be laying on the floor most of this week thanks to taking off a few days. I started a new Pinterest board just for fitness motivation. If you are shy about what you pin, create a "secret board" where only you see it. From those pictures and quotes, I copied and pasted two pictures with quotes onto a Word document. Then, I typed a good quote in an empty place. That's it. The nice thing is that when those quotes/pictures are not doing it for me anymore, I can go to my Pinterest board and create a new poster. It is one page and I taped it on my wall right next to my bed so when I go to bed I see it and when I wake up I see it.

I hope it works. I'm going to need all the help I can.

I thought this quote was so fitting: "Train Insane or Remain the Same." Yup, I'm definitely insane!

No comments:

Post a Comment