Saturday, February 16, 2013

Slouchy Hat

My husband and I get into the habit of watching specific TV series on Netflix about once every year or so. After we put the kids to bed and the house back together, we will sit down together and watch one or two episodes of the series we are watching at the time. Right now we are re-watching Lie to Me--a show that I wanted to watch when it aired on TV, but my hubby thought it looked stupid. Now I think he likes it more than me sometimes. This is actually okay with me because this way we don't have to wait a week to find out about the next episode. 

Anyway, while I totally enjoy watching the show, sometimes it is very hard for me to sit and do nothing. Today's project happened out of my compulsive need to keep my hands moving even when I am relaxing. It took me about two episodes (2 hours) to complete. I should mention it is crocheted. 

I would like to make some homemade presents again this year and was thinking about making a slouchy hat for someone. I wanted to try it out first. I found this pattern here. The problem with this is that I didn't have all the suggested hook sizes so my hat is not as slouchy as I thought I wanted. But as I tried it on during the process, I thought it would be just fine. I used an I hook for the entire project. I also did not do the BPSC stitch. 

When it was finished, I wanted to add something to the top. I wasn't sure if I wanted flowers or something else, and as I was looking at various pictures of hats I found one that had an extra little piece going across the top. I decided to give it a try. This piece is simply a SC stitch and a little smaller width than the brim of the hat. I sewed a button to the edge for the finishing touch. 





No comments:

Post a Comment